News & Tips
After working as a residential maintenance professional in the desert for many years, I have realized the beating summer sun and excessive heat can be extremely damaging on homes. For instance, hardwood floors and furniture begin to warp and crack. Mold and mildew may begin to grow. Often the excessive heat establishes breeding grounds for dust mites. Wall paint may start to bubble, artwork can start to dry out and crack, and appliances begin to stick. Those are all potential interior home issues, now add the exterior areas that are either not fully ventilated and/or under direct sunlight. This is why participating in a Summer Home Watch program is highly recommended. It can help prevent these potential issues from developing.
Summer Maintenance Recommendations for Your Desert Home
1. Garage, Exterior Doors, and Entry Gate Painting/Care
Paint, stain and/or oil your garage doors, exposed exterior doors, and entry/side yard gates. This enhances their protection from exposure to direct sunlight. In addition, lubricate the garage door hinges, wheels, tension springs, and all moving parts of the lift motor(s) to improve smooth operation.
2. Outdoor Furniture Maintenance
Outdoor tables, chairs, and lounges suffer from prolonged exposure to the desert elements. I suggest you restore your wood furniture with a refreshing treatment of wood oil. Metal furniture can be restored as well by having the frames either repainted or applying a fresh powder coating. Additionally, broken straps should be replaced and, if necessary, new cushions should be ordered during this process.
3. Tile Floor & Grout Cleaning
A non-heat related project to think about, especially if your home will be vacated during the summer season, is your flooring restoration. Now is an excellent time to have your tile and stone floors (travertine, marble, limestone, pavers etc.) cleaned and restored. Cleaning is recommended every two years. I suggest contracting an expert to strip and deep clean your floors, seal and buff to a high gloss or matte finish, and replace grout as needed. Showers, vanities, and counter tops should also be inspected.
When Should I Restore My Tile Flooring?
Many clients have asked me, How do I know when it is best to restore and not replace my tile floors? The majority of the time, restoration is the ideal step. Below a few indicators it is time to restore your tile floor:
- Crumbling Grout – Grout begins to collect water, scratch, and crumble.
- Lack of Shine – Tile coloring is fade and dull.
- Stains – Although tile is one of the more stain-resistant options, it is not 100% stain-proof.
- Grimy Grout – Dirt and gunk will accumulate between the tiles making it seem impossible to clean.
- Water Incursion – Grout should keep water out of the grooves, but it too may fail if the seal breaks or the tile was improperly installed.
Once your tile is restored, it is extremely important you properly maintain it in order to ensure you get the full benefit of your restoration investment. For instance, always sweep or vacuum your floors to remove dust and debris before utilizing any cleaning products, and damp-mop your tile at least once a week. For glazed tile, clean with an all-purpose, non-oil based cleaner. For unglazed tile, use a concentrated tile cleaning chemical that has a neutral pH. Lastly, ensure you rinse all floors with clear water to remove any chemical residue.
After nearly three decades of helping homeowners with repairs and maintenance, there are not many issues that come up that surprise me.
I am always asked, what should I do about this system or that repair? My response is regular home preventive maintenance pays for itself many times over by not allowing a little issue become a major repair problem. Whether you do it yourself or hire a professional service company like Premier Residential Services to assist maintaining equipment, clearing irrigation lines or replacing older/malfunctioning products, your home will be better for it and so will your “pocketbook.”
Regular Summer Maintenance For Your Home
What needs regular maintenance (interior/ exterior) and how often?
- Heating and air conditioning systems including air filters – every 3-6 months.
- Lighting, fixtures and light bulbs should be inspected and maintained by visual inspections.
- Smoke detector and carbon monoxide alarm batteries should be replaced at least yearly.
- Plumbing systems and water heaters – water heaters should be drained and flushed 1-2 times/year. Faucets, toilets, and drains should have water run through them weekly to avoid a build-up of debris. P-traps and drains should have a lot of water run through them to avoid stagnant water and sewer gas back-up, especially in the hot summer months.
- Appliances need attention regularly. The coils on the rear of the refrigerator should be cleaned yearly, refrigerator water filters should be replaced yearly and dryer vent exhaust system should be cleaned yearly.
- Garage doors, door locks, and interior door hinges should be lubricated every 6-12 months.
- Pool systems – In addition to twice weekly service, your pool professional should clean the filters 1-2 times/year and the pool water should be changed every three years.
- Landscaping, underground drain lines, emitters and sprinkler heads – Periodic sprinkler checks should be scheduled every 4-6 months and drain lines should be hose checked and cleaned on a regular schedule.
- Hardscape (concrete, outdoor tile, and pavers) should be cleaned of effervescent as needed.
- Photocells that control outdoor lighting and bulbs should be checked visually monthly.
- Misting systems should have the pump motor oil replaced and nozzles cleaned yearly.
- Solar panels – should be on a regular cleaning cycle to remove dust, dirt and rain water residue to maintain peak efficiency.
- Roof drains and downspouts should be cleaned and flushed every 6- 12 months.
- Garage doors, entry doors, wood trim, and stucco sustain abuse from the summer sun and the desert’s high temperatures. These areas require regular paint and stain applications to maintain useful life.
- Weatherstripping needs to be inspected yearly.
Advice for Festival Season
The month of April means music festival season is here! Many Coachella Valley residents take advantage of the high travel demand by renting their homes to travelers. Among all the hype and “once in a lifetime” attitude of festival goers, perhaps home cleanliness and care is not at the top of their priority list. Nonetheless, homeowners should not be discouraged to host during the various music festivals, because we are here to help.
Homeowners trust us — and have done so for over 57 years — to care for and protect their vacation homes when the property is vacant, before guests arrive, and after they depart. We make certain that your home is clean, well maintained, and secure, so you don’t have to. It’s worry-free vacation property management. Visit our Vacation Rental page for more information.
Did you know that the number of people living in households that own a second home in the United States was 10.2 million in 2016? If you fall within that demographic and own a home in the Coachella Valley, you may have already experienced those nagging thoughts when you leave your home for an extended period of time:
- Did I remember to turn the water off?
- Did I leave the oven on?
- I hope that toilet doesn’t leak again!
At Premier Residential Services, we can help you watch over your desert residence while enjoying much cooler climate somewhere else around the world.
Home Watch: Weekly Inspections for Your Coachella Valley Home
Our Home Watch Program grants you the peace-of-mind that your desert home is being cared for while you are not in residence. Home Watch Service consists of a weekly inspection by our well trained staff of professionals. Our Home Watch team will complete a detailed inspection report during each visit to your home and, at your request, send you a copy or summary for your review. On the occasion when a problem does arise, we have the resources and knowledge to resolve the problem quickly. Performing a regular house check will address minor problems before they have a chance to escalate.
Out-of-Residence Tips for This Summer
Below are a few out-of-residence tips that are also incorporated in our Home Watch program:
- Confirm that all doors and windows are fully secured, and that exterior lighting is functioning properly.
- Check temperature and humidity levels to ensure that the system is functioning properly, and adjust the thermostat settings as needed.
- Confirm that the security alarm is functioning and is enabled before leaving premises.
- Run water throughout the residence to ensure that there are no leaky faucets or running toilets and check for leaks.
- Identify any post-earthquake or weather-related structural issues
- Set out and maintain large humidity containers of water to provide a proper level of moisture in the indoor air.
- Check irrigation systems.
Finding the right housekeeping service is an important task. After all, these are people you are inviting into your home, often without you present, and asking them to clean up after you and your family.
You want to find a team that you trust, is thoroughly vetted, and can perform the tasks you ask for without constantly checking in on them.
Here are four questions you want to answer when evaluating a house cleaning service.
- Can You Trust Them in Your Home?
Your primary concern should be finding a service company that you trust. You don’t want to hire a team with whom you don’t feel comfortable giving them your key or alarm code. Nor do you want to hire a cleaner that causes you to check your valuables after each visit.
You can gauge a cleaner’s trustworthiness by doing several things:
Are They Professional?
- Ask for references from current and past customers.
- Check their online reviews (Yelp and Google are good places to start).
- Ask about their hiring and vetting process and procedures to ensure your home’s security.
- Some professional cleaners will provide a dedicated housekeeper to you, so you’ll be able to build a relationship with one person. Ask if they can do that for you.
Many self-employed cleaners and franchise housekeepers do not meet the standards of professionalism that other service companies have established. Some basic indicators that can demonstrate a high level of professionalism include:
Does Attention to Detail Matter?
- Does the company carry liability insurance?
- Do they bring their own cleaning supplies and equipment?
- Do their housekeepers wear a uniform?
- Do they require an in-home personal meeting before starting the service?
The difference between a good and a great cleaning company lies in the details. You want a housekeeping company that consistently cleans your home well and that cares about the fine details of caring for your home.
You can point out specific areas you want cleaned during an initial meeting. This may be high-traffic areas, places where clutter can gather, a guest room, or hard-to-reach spots. Your cleaning company should make notes about these areas so they receive proper attention.
Are They Willing to Clean According to Your Requests?
Any good house cleaning company will clean how you want your home to be cleaned. Many services use a cookie-cutter approach and don’t care much about what you want.
The initial walk-through is critical. The housekeeper should be willing to meet you at your home and ready to note details about each room and your cleaning preferences. Next, they should create a custom work order based on your cleaning specifications for a consistent job every time.
Also, find out if they can accommodate special requests. This might include using green cleaning supplies to special cleanings before or after an event. Any good housekeeper should fit into your schedule, fulfill your requests, and make your life easier.
How Can a House Cleaning Service Go the Extra Mile?
Custom house cleaning services are flexible enough to provide your every housekeeping need. In addition to the common household cleaning tasks, see if your cleaning company can provide these add-on tasks:
- Organize closets and clothing
- Polish silverware and copper doors
- Clean out refrigerator every week
- Organize pantry
- Serve refreshments at private parties
- Seasonal home opening and closing services
As a reminder, the Riverside County real estate tax payments are due and payable by December 10, 2016.
Also if you have not done so, adjust your landscape light clocks to account for the most recent daylight saving time change. Please remember, if your smoke detectors were installed or purchased prior to July 2014 and are more than 5 years old, the authorities recommend replacing them to ensure peak operating efficiency.
As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, you can help to prevent “day after” clogged kitchen drain plumbing issues by following these simple clean up tips:
- Use and dispose of paper towels in the trash to absorb excess cooking grease and fat
- Avoid using your garbage disposal to grind stringy fibrous or starchy waste, including poultry skin, potato peels, coffee grounds, egg shells, and celery stalks.
Please find a few suggestions below for your consideration. Please contact our office to schedule services and confirm costs.
Daylight Saving Time Services. The time change this month serves as a reminder to have our Maintenance Department replace smoke detector, carbon monoxide alarm, and thermostat batteries to assure proper operation and prevent the midnight “chirping” sounds. At the same time, we can replace batteries in all your remotes, replace burnt out light bulbs, and check outdoor photocells for proper operation.
Heating & Air Conditioning System Service. Now that temperatures have begun to moderate, if you are not on a regular HVAC service program, this is an optimal time of year to schedule equipment service to ensure that your units run efficiently this winter. We will clean/replace filters, check blower belts, temperatures, ducts and plenum connections, and clean condensate lines and condenser areas.
Home Maintenance Inspections. Beginning December 1, Premier Residential Services is pleased to offer to our clients, on an availability basis, a complimentary home inspection of the interior and exterior of your home by our Maintenance Department staff. The purpose of this inspection is to assist homeowners in identifying items that may require attention and/or repair.
Thanksgiving Day Assistance. Premier Residential Services can arrange to provide housekeeping help on Thanksgiving Day to assist in serving and cleaning up after your holiday gathering.
Premier Residential Service’s management and staff join me in wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.
If you have not yet completed and returned your Season Home Opening instruction form, it is extremely important that you do so no less than 3 weeks prior to your anticipated return to the desert. This will give us the time necessary to prepare your home for your return.
You may use our website to complete and send this form to our office online, fax to 760-568-0101, or scan and send by email.
We have several important service suggestions for your consideration. Please call our office to request an estimate or schedule service.
Roof, Downspout, Gutter and Drain Cleaning. We strongly suggest that you arrange to have your roof, downspouts, gutters, and drains flushed out and cleared of accumulated falling leaves and debris. This small preventive step can avoid future problems of rain water build up on your roof or back up in your drainage system, which could lead to a major leak in the house.
Daylight Savings. The time change will occur on Sunday, November 6. This change serves as a reminder that the Fire Marshall recommends replacing your smoke detector, carbon monoxide alarm, and thermostat batteries at least yearly and replace the actual smoke detectors every 3 years to keep the detectors operative and functioning properly. We can also change batteries in your TV and garage door remotes. It is recommended that landscape lights be adjusted to account for the shift in daylight hours. In addition, Premier Residential Services can perform an interior/exterior light check to identify and replace burnt out light bulbs and non-functioning photo cells.
Tile Cleaning. Let us know if you would like to have tile cleaning services scheduled or an estimate for cleaning prior to your arrival.
Exterior House, Garage Door, and Entry Gate Painting. The summer sun and desert weather amplify the need to protect and preserve the exterior of your desert home. Experts recommend that at least every 5-8 years the exterior requires attention. Also, it is recommended to have yearly operational maintenance services for your garage doors. Contact your Client Services Associate to arrange for a proposal or to schedule maintenance service.
The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, The Who, and Roger Waters are teaming up in Indio this October for what many are already calling “the rock concert of the century.”
The concerts are being held the first two weekends of October: Oct 7-9 and Oct 14-16, 2016.
Premier Residential Services is going to be extremely busy this fall and much earlier than normal, due to the concerts and the club openings in early to mid-November. If you are planning on opening your home in early October, we suggest you send your Home Opening Form to us immediately.
We are booking on a first come, first-serve basis.
In addition, due to the wind storms this summer it is very likely that the openings will be taking longer than normal.
We want your home to be prepared to your expectations. Therefore, please understand that if we do not receive your form at least 3 weeks prior to your arrival, overtime charges may be incurred.
Complete a Home Opening Request
This month, we have several home opening suggestions for your consideration. Please call our office for an estimate or to arrange for service.
- Roof Inspections. Premier Residential Services has arranged with Williams Roofing, to provide a special offer that includes inspection of a client’s entire roof for any visible signs of leaks, cracks, splits, broken tiles, and skylight damage. A written report with any repair recommendations will be provided to the client for review. Photos are available on request.
- Drapery and Blind Cleaning. Our vendor’s “on site” service vehicle contains all of the necessary equipment to dry clean your drapes, valances, cornice boxes and all types of blinds including Hunter Douglas products. The cleaning system is safe for all types of fabrics including silks and blackout lined drapes. All drapes are taken down, cleaned and they are then professionally re-hung on the same day.
- Carpet & Upholstered Furniture Cleaning. Let us know if you would like to have either service scheduled or an estimate for cleaning prior to your arrival. The warm weather provides for faster and more thorough drying.
An “impressive Haboob” (sand storm) that blew through the Coachella Valley under the cover of darkness this past Friday night led to a hazy Saturday and a coating of sandy dust throughout the entire valley.
Meteorologists said a thunderstorm complex over southwest Arizona pushed the dust storm across the lower desert at roughly 40 mph, triggering cell phone alerts, dropping visibility to less than a mile from Thermal to Palm Springs at that time.
Drought Penalties Lifted
The Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD) announced the lifting of drought penalties in response to the state’s decision to transition from statewide conservation targets to a long term conservation plan. Water budgets and tiered rates remain in place. The expectation is for customers to maintain a 20% water savings.
SCE’s Rate Structure Change
As a reminder SCE’s energy rates have been changed. When you receive your next bill, SCE has implemented the new three–tier rate structure (reduced from four-tiers). You may learn more about the changes and how they affect you by going to the Southern California Edison website.
In addition to dust storm cleanup, we are pleased to offer several timely service suggestions for your consideration.
Bedspread and Duvet Cover Cleaning. Now is an ideal time to have your bedspreads, duvet covers, mattress covers and blankets dry cleaned or laundered. Premier Residential Services will arrange for cleaning and insure that items are placed in plastic bags so that they will be ready for use when needed.
Aerator, Shower Head and Faucet Cleaning. The high mineral content of the valley’s water supply is the reason why sinks, faucets, showerheads and mister system nozzles become clogged, which often impedes the water flow and the discoloring of the hardware. Our maintenance department can clean the screens, as well as remove the built up mineral deposits from these items resulting in the fixtures that look and act as new.
Vehicle and Golf Cart Batteries. Extreme weather conditions in the valley often result in a limited life span for vehicle and golf cart batteries and can cause rapid build up of corrosion on the battery terminals and cables. A vehicle battery may fail in as little as 18 months and if a golf cart battery is four years or older the likelihood is that it will begin to fail too and/or not be able to hold a charge. Premier Residential Services can replace the 6 or 8 volt batteries in your golf cart, as well as clean the terminals of built up corrosion and replace connector cables if needed. Any golf cart that operates with a 12-volt system requires replacement from the distributor. Contact the office if you feel that your golf cart requires battery replacement and Premier Residential Services will have it ready for your return in the fall.
Once again the temperatures for the month of June have consistently been over 110 degrees and even topping out over 120 degrees.
The past 10 days have had humidity levels that typically occur in August. The above average temperatures coupled with the humidity has your HVAC system working hard to maintain the interior temperature of your home.
Also, your landscape plants may have suffered the effects of the extremely high heat.
Our Home Watch inspection team is monitoring your HVAC systems, your landscaping, and pool as part of their weekly inspections. However, as a reminder, it is important to arrange regular service for your HVAC system by scheduling cleaning/replacing air filters, as well as ensuring the condenser coils are free of debris.
Summer is an ideal time to assess the condition of your home and to schedule projects that can be completed while you are away. The following are several service suggestions for your consideration:
Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning. Let us know if you would like to have either service scheduled or obtain a free estimate. The warm weather provides for faster and more thorough drying.
Thermostat Battery Replacement. The thermostats in your residence have batteries that allow the controls to operate and require periodic replacement. If you would like to have fresh batteries installed, please contact the office.
Sprinkler System & Landscape Light Checks. In light of the drought and mandated reduction of water, coupled with the fact that electricity costs continues to climb in the Coachella Valley, this is an ideal time for you to request that Premier Residential Services perform a sprinkler and landscape lighting check. The check will ensure that your irrigation system is working properly and that there are no broken irrigation heads. At the same time we can check the landscape lighting to make sure that the timers are properly set and that any photo cells and landscape lights are functioning properly.
Appliance Water Filter Cartridge Replacement. Manufacturers of Insta-hot systems, refrigerators with water dispensers and ice makers, water filtration systems, freezers and ice making machines recommend that homeowners replace the water filter cartridges at least yearly. We can replace your water filters.
Grout Repair. The grout in your tile floors, as well as in and around showers, tubs and sinks can develop cracks or have pieces become loose or fall out. Now is a good time to have repairs made or to re-grout the areas requiring work to allow the grouted surfaces to completely dry. We can also obtain proposals to clean and polish your Travertine or other stone floors.
Doorbell Button Replacement. Premier Residential Services continually receives inspection reports that there are a number of homes that have door bell buttons that are cracked or broken and in need of replacement. We can replace the buttons upon your request.
Please contact our office if you have any other special projects that we can assist you with.
Our offices will be closed on Monday, July 4th. Our summer hours (7:30 am – 4 pm) began on Wednesday, June 1.
The May bonus weather is gone and the oven has been turned on with temperatures reaching 115 degrees the first weekend of the month.
Remember To Send In Your Home Closing Form
If you have not sent in your Home Closing form, please complete it so that we can properly prepare your home for the summer.
As a reminder, SCE’s energy rates are changing. Starting this month, SCE has a new three–tier rate structure that will be reflected in your next bill. You may learn more about the changes and how they affect you by going to the Southern California Edison website.
As a reminder, replacing weather stripping on both your garage and entry doors will cut down on the amount of dust and sand that blows in and impede the opportunity for insects and critters to gain entry to your home. It will also save on energy usage.
Summer Project Ideas
Clothes Dryer Vent Cleaning. It is recommended to periodically clean out the built up lint from the entire clothes dryer exhaust system (vent hoses, machine vent housing and the external exhaust cover). The fire marshall warns us that clothes dryers start more residential fires than any other appliance.
Heating & Air Conditioning System Service. Now that temperatures have risen, if you have not had your HVAC unit(s) serviced, this is an optimal time of year to schedule service to insure that your units run efficiently during the peak cooling season. To maintain efficiency and reduce energy demands: we will clean/replace filters; check blower belts, temperatures, ducts and plenum connections; and clean condensate lines and condenser areas.
Washing Machine Water Hose Replacement. Laundry equipment manufacturers recommend that hot and cold rubber water hoses along with the gaskets on your washing machines be replaced every 18 months due to the extreme desert heat and constant fluctuations in water pressure which can cause water related damage to your home. We recommend replacing the rubber hoses with the metal braided style and installing a new set of easy to use hot and cold water line shut off valves as necessary.
Summer Project(s). Exterior door frames, window frames and patio furniture that are subject to the direct sun require upkeep painting or repair if there is evidence of dry rot or paint that is peeling. If there is another project or task that you would like to schedule over the summer months, contact us with the details and we will arrange to obtain a proposal or schedule the work.
Please call our office for pricing, installation, or further information regarding these suggestions or to request assistance with any other home project that you would like to accomplish this summer.
As you may have recently heard both in the Desert Sun and on local television news reports, there was an unfortunate swimming pool electrocution accident this past week in Palm Springs. A Northern California resident was killed and several children were hospitalized for severe electrical shock.
If you have an older pool that you would like inspected by a licensed electrical contractor, we have made arrangements with one of our electrical contractors to do an inspection for $95.
The contractor will inspect the pool/hot tub/spa equipment for electrical connectivity, appropriate wire grounding, and GFI protection, as well as underwater pool lighting. If improvements are required, the inspection fee will be waived by the contractor and you will only be charged for the repair work.
Call us at 760-773-4081 to arrange for an inspection.
Home Closing Services
If you have not done so, please let us know when you plan to depart the valley for the summer.
Please take a moment to review the Home Closing Form and then check off items that you would like us to do to close your home for the summer. In addition, please let us know of any changes that have been made (new alarm or alarm monitoring service; new water shut-off system; vehicle or golf cart changes) in regards to your home.
Summer Home Watch
Premier Residential Services offers a Summer Home Watch Program that provides inspections to homes during the summer time period only. If you have neighbors, friends, or family members who have homes in the Coachella Valley who may not be aware that we can provide home watch services during their absence, please recommend us to them and ask that they contact us at 760-773-4081 for information about our services.
Service suggestions for your consideration:
Misting System Annual Service. Like most mechanical systems, to obtain peak performance, it is always wise to perform a yearly preventive maintenance service before the summer heat arrives. Service will include cleaning all nozzles; replace pump oil and filters; flush and drain the system of residual water; and thoroughly inspect the system. We can also arrange to provide a proposal for the installation of a new system.
General Maintenance Services. The high mineral content of the desert’s water supply not only creates a cloudy look to the glass in your bathrooms, but also creates maintenance issues throughout your home. Faucets, shower heads and aerators can become clogged and discolored, which can restrict water flow and pressure. Premier Residential Services can remove the hard water stains from your glass, as well as, clean mineral deposits from fixtures and aerators to increase the water flow. In addition, it is a good time to drain and flush your hot water tank(s). Premier Residential Services can also lubricate door hinges to mitigate squeaking. Let us know if your toilet(s) could benefit from a new flapper or fill system to stop the constant sound of the tank filling with water.
Air Conditioning System Service. If you have not scheduled HVAC services, this is an optimal time of year to schedule service to ensure that your units run efficiently this spring and summer. Premier Residential Services will clean/replace filters, check blower belts, temperatures, ducts and plenum connections, and clean condensate lines and condenser areas.
Beginning March 7th, the desert community and tennis fans will flock to the Coachella Valley to have an opportunity to see the competition in the BNP Paribis Tennis Tournament. The BNP Tournament is considered tennis’ “fifth major.” In addition, La Quinta Arts Festival, Fashion Week El Paseo, Food + Wine Festival, Taste of La Quinta, and the ANA Inspiration LPGA golf tournament are on our events radar.
Summer Home Closing Form
Please complete and the Home Closing form so that we may schedule any end of season departure projects that you would like us to do.
Request Home Closing Services »
- Air Conditioning Service. If you have not arranged to have your HVAC units serviced, this is an optimal time to schedule the service to ensure that your units run efficiently during the summer. We will replace/clean filters, check blower belts, ducts, and plenum connections, and clean condensate lines and condenser areas.
- Daylight Savings Time Change. The change to daylight savings time this year is March 13th. Landscape lights and pool pump timers should be adjusted. This is also an opportune time to have our maintenance department replace smoke detector and carbon monoxide alarm batteries to assure proper operation. If you do not have a CO alarm (required by California law), we can provide and install them. At the same time, we can replace light bulbs and check outdoor photocells for proper operation.
- Screen Repair & Replacement. If your slider, door, or window screens have excessive cuts and wear or seem to have rollers that are either broken, frozen, or will not slide easily, the simple solution is to replace the screen material and rollers. Premier Residential Services can also order replacements for frames that are bent, warped, or broken.
- Vehicle Detailing. We can arrange for a complete professional detailing of the exterior, interior, and under the hood of your vehicles or golf carts including polishing, waxing, and a spot-free wash system either at your residence or off site.
- Window Washing & Patio Cleaning. If the recent rain storm has caused your windows to become dirty or covered in dust, Premier Residential Services can clean the windows as well as clean your patio and patio furniture so that you can enjoy the benefits of outdoor living.
- Wall Repairs & Painting. If the walls or wallpaper in your home have suffered water damage, dents, dings, gouges, or cracks, our handyman service can repair the dry wall and texture the finish so touch up painting will mask the damage incurred. We can arrange for a wallpaper repair/replacement cost estimate.