Did you know that the number of people living in households that own a second home in the United States was 10.2 million in 2016? If you fall within that demographic and own a home in the Coachella Valley, you may have already experienced those nagging thoughts when you leave your home for an extended period of time:
- Did I remember to turn the water off?
- Did I leave the oven on?
- I hope that toilet doesn’t leak again!
At Premier Residential Services, we can help you watch over your desert residence while enjoying much cooler climate somewhere else around the world.
Home Watch: Weekly Inspections for Your Coachella Valley Home
Our Home Watch Program grants you the peace-of-mind that your desert home is being cared for while you are not in residence. Home Watch Service consists of a weekly inspection by our well trained staff of professionals. Our Home Watch team will complete a detailed inspection report during each visit to your home and, at your request, send you a copy or summary for your review. On the occasion when a problem does arise, we have the resources and knowledge to resolve the problem quickly. Performing a regular house check will address minor problems before they have a chance to escalate.
Out-of-Residence Tips for This Summer
Below are a few out-of-residence tips that are also incorporated in our Home Watch program:
- Confirm that all doors and windows are fully secured, and that exterior lighting is functioning properly.
- Check temperature and humidity levels to ensure that the system is functioning properly, and adjust the thermostat settings as needed.
- Confirm that the security alarm is functioning and is enabled before leaving premises.
- Run water throughout the residence to ensure that there are no leaky faucets or running toilets and check for leaks.
- Identify any post-earthquake or weather-related structural issues
- Set out and maintain large humidity containers of water to provide a proper level of moisture in the indoor air.
- Check irrigation systems.