Summer temperatures have consistently been 110° and higher for the past few weeks and we have experienced humidity levels that typically occur in August.
The above average temperatures coupled with the humidity has your HVAC system working hard to maintain the interior temperature of your home. Premier Residential Service’s Home Watch inspection team is monitoring your HVAC systems as we conduct our weekly inspections. However, it is important that you arrange regular service for cleaning/replacing air filters, as well as insuring the condenser coils are free of debris.
Summer Hours in Effect
Premier Residential Services’ summer schedule is in effect. Our summer hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4 pm. Should you encounter an after-hours emergency, you may contact the Premier Residential Services’ staff member on duty, by calling 760-773-4081 and following the prompts on the after-hours telephone message.
Projects To Consider During Summer Months
Summer is always an ideal time to assess the condition of your home and to schedule projects that can be completed while you are away.
The following are several service suggestions for your consideration:
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning. Let us know if you would like to have either service scheduled or obtain a free estimate. The warm weather provides for faster and more thorough drying.
- Thermostat Battery Replacement. The thermostats in your residence have batteries that allow the controls to operate and require periodic replacement. If you would like to have fresh batteries installed, please contact the office.
- Sprinkler System & Landscape Light Checks. In light of the drought and mandated reduction of water, coupled with the fact that electricity costs continues to climb in the Coachella Valley, this is an ideal time for you to request that Premier Residential Services perform a sprinkler and landscape lighting check. The check will ensure that your irrigation system is working properly and that there are no broken irrigation heads. At the same time we can check the landscape lighting to make sure that the timers are properly set and that any photo cells and landscape lights are functioning properly.
- Appliance Water Filter Cartridge Replacement. Manufacturers of Insta-hot systems, refrigerators with water dispensers and ice makers, water filtration systems, freezers and ice making machines recommend that homeowners replace the water filter cartridges at least yearly. We can replace your water filters.
- Grout Repair. The grout in your tile floors, as well as in and around showers, tubs and sinks can develop cracks or have pieces become loose or fall out. Now is a good time to have repairs made or to re-grout the areas requiring work to allow the grouted surfaces to completely dry.
- Door Bell Button Replacement. We continually receive reports that there are a number of homes that have door bell buttons that are cracked or broken and in need of replacement. We can replace the buttons upon your request.
Please contact our office if you have any other special projects that we can assist you with.