We have all experienced those nagging thoughts when we leave our home for an extended period. “Did I remember to turn the water off?” “Did I leave the oven on?” “I hope that toilet doesn’t leak again.”
Eliminate those worries with summer home watch services from Premier Residential Services.
Early spring is the time of year that many Coachella Valley residents leave their desert oasis to avoid the severe summer temperatures. Clients who rely on our home watch service know that their home is protected while they are away. Is yours?
We Are Your Eyes and Ears
Asking a friendly neighbor to check in on your home might seem like a fine idea. That is, until a significant issue occurs. Then the problem can quickly become a burden to your kind neighbor and a headache for you. We believe it’s important to have a trained professional inspect your home on a regular basis when it is vacant. Our home watch staff will complete a detailed report during each visit to your home. On the occasion when a problem does arise, we have the resources and knowledge to resolve the problem quickly, according to your preferences.
Performing a regular house check will address minor problems before they have a chance to escalate. For example:
- A broken air conditioner compressor that opens the potential for stagnant air and mold growth.
- An under slab that could lead to costly water clean up and restoration repairs.
- Minor traces of insects or rodents that could cause an infestation within a matter of weeks.
What Does the Weekly Home Inspection Cover?
The summer home watch service includes a comprehensive interior and exterior inspection performed on a weekly basis by an experienced member of the home watch service team.
Our trained professional completes an inspection report each week. Inspection reports are kept on file and are available to you upon request. Here are just a few of the major items included in our 40-point interior/exterior home inspection.
Interior Inspection Overview:
- Confirm that all doors and windows are fully secured and that exterior lighting is functioning properly.
- Test the air conditioning or heating systems to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Check temperature and humidity levels and adjust the thermostat settings as needed.
- Operate all appliances (water heater(s), dishwasher(s), refrigerator(s), freezer(s), oven(s), washer/dryer.
- Check that security alarm is functioning and is enabled before leaving premises.
- Collect and forward mail to the appropriate address.
- Run water throughout the residence and check for leaks.
- Flush toilets and ensure they are functioning properly.
Exterior Inspection Overview:
- Identify weather-related structural issues.
- Confirm that exterior home and landscape lighting is functioning properly.
- Check all doors and windows to ensure they are properly secured.
- Inspect the water levels in the pool and spa, and that they are maintained.
- Ensure lawn and landscaping are cared for appropriately.
- Check irrigation systems.
- Report and address any unusual odors and rodent or insect activity around your home.
Emergency situations: Emergency events such as severe rain/wind storms, earthquakes, and power outages occur occasionally. A member of our senior management team is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address emergency situations. It is our way to guarantee that your urgent issue receives the prompt attention it deserves. After any unusual event, Premier Residential Services will inspect your home again as soon as possible, without you having to ask.
About Premier Residential Services
Homeowners have trusted Premier Residential Services for their home care needs for more than 50 years. We are the largest local provider of comprehensive property management services for owners of vacation homes and second homes in the Coachella Valley.
We invite you to call (760) 773-4081 to schedule a complimentary consultation. You can also reach us through the contact form on this page.