The Napa earthquake serves as a reminder that all of California is subject to a large magnitude event. If you have not done so, Premier Residential Services urges you to schedule some of the following precautionary measures: Secure decorative and artwork pieces with museum putty or strapping; install safety latches on kitchen cabinets; inspect/install safety straps on water heaters; remove all flammable liquids to a garage or outdoor storage area; and create a digital valuables inventory of the contents of your desert residence for insurance purposes. Always have an ample supply of water, batteries, a first aid kit, portable radio and canned food to insure that you can deal with the first several days after an event.
August typically brings some unusual weather events to the CoachellaValley and this August did not disappoint us. We experienced a “Haboob” sand storm which is most unusual and more typically is found in the deserts of North Africa and Arabia or occasionally in and around the Phoenix area. Haboob comes from the Arabic word “habb” which means wind. A Haboob is a wall of dust that is a result of a microburst or downburst.
As the beginning of the Season approaches, please make use of our online Home Opening Services form for the use of clients whose homes have not been occupied throughout the summer. It is extremely important that your completed form be submitted no later than three weeks prior to your arrival date to ensure timely scheduling of requested services and to avoid being assessed a late minimum services charge (1 1/2 times the regular services hourly rate).
This month I have several home opening suggestions for your consideration. Please call our office for an estimate or arrange for service.
- Drapery and Blind Cleaning – Our vendor’s “on site” service vehicle contains all of the necessary equipment to dry clean your drapes, valances, cornice boxes and all types of blinds including Hunter Douglas products. The cleaning system is safe for all types of fabrics including silks and blackout lined drapes. All drapes are taken down, cleaned and they are then professionally re-hung on the same day.
- Carpet and Upholstered Furniture Cleaning – Let us know if you would like to have either service scheduled or an estimate for cleaning prior to your arrival. The warm weather provides for faster and more thorough drying.
- Artificial Plant and Tree Cleaning – Premier Residential Services can arrange to have your artificial decorative plants and trees cleaned so that they are once again looking fresh and vibrant. You will notice the difference.
- Vehicle/ Golf Cart Service – If you have a vehicle or golf cart at your desert residence, let us know what maintenance services you would like performed, and we will arrange to have your instructions carried out.
- Pool/Spa/Fountain Cleaning – Now is an ideal time to schedule cleaning (acid wash/ tile cleaning) service for your pool, spa or fountain to remove built up mineral/salt deposits prior to your return.