News & Tips
Important Reminder: If you have not yet completed and returned your Season Home Opening instruction form, it is extremely important that you do so no less than 3 weeks prior to your anticipated return to the desert so that we have ample time to prepare your home for your return. You may use our website form, fax it to 760-568-0101, or scan and send by e-mail.
We have several important service suggestions for your consideration. Please call our office to request an estimate or schedule service.
Fine Oriental and Area Rug Cleaning. Premier Residential Services has arranged with a new vendor, Artisanat Gallery, to provide repair and cleaning services for high-end rugs. In addition, Artisanat Gallery has opened a retail store on Highway 111 in Palm Desert that features fine Oriental rugs and rustic home furnishings. Contact your Client Services Associate for information or to arrange for services.
Roof, Downspout, Gutter, and Drain Cleaning. We strongly suggest that you arrange to have your roof, downspouts, gutters, and drains flushed out and cleared of accumulated falling leaves and debris. This small preventive step can avoid future problems of rain water build up on your roof or back up in your drainage system possibly leading to a major leak in the house.
Daylight Savings Begins Sunday, November 1. This change serves as a reminder that the Fire Marshall recommends replacing your smoke detector, carbon monoxide alarm, and thermostat batteries at least yearly and replace the actual smoke detectors every 3 years to keep the detectors operative and functioning properly. We can also change batteries in your TV and garage door remotes. It is recommended that landscape lights be adjusted to account for the shift in daylight hours. In addition, Premier Residential Services can perform an interior/exterior light check to identify and replace burnt out light bulbs and non-functioning photo cells.
Tile, Carpet & Upholstered Furniture Cleaning. Let us know if you would like to have either service scheduled or an estimate for cleaning prior to your arrival. The warm weather provides for faster and more thorough drying of rugs and furniture.
Exterior House, Garage Door, and Entry Gate Painting. The summer sun and desert weather amplify the need to protect and preserve the exterior of your desert home. Experts recommend that at least every 5-8 years the exterior requires attention. Also, it is recommended to have yearly operational maintenance services for your garage doors. Contact your Client Services Associate to arrange for a proposal or to schedule maintenance service.
As the beginning of the season approaches, we wanted to remind you that you may complete the Home Opening Services form on our website. Please use this form to request services that will help to make your return to the desert enjoyable and relaxing.
Request Home Opening Services »
It is extremely important that your completed form be submitted no later than three weeks prior to your arrival date to ensure timely scheduling of requested services and/or to avoid being assessed a late minimum services charge (1.5 times the regular services hourly rate).
Preparing for El Niño
In light of the El Niño warnings from NOAA and other agencies, as a precautionary step, we recommend having your roof inspected by a roofing contractor (see below), especially if the roof on your desert residence is older. Additionally, it is a good idea to have any accumulated debris cleared from the roof. Gutters, down spouts, and drains should also be cleaned and flushed before any severe storms arrive.
News & Service Suggestions for This Month
If you would like to arrange for holiday decorations, trees or plants, now is the time to make arrangements. Please call our office for information and to arrange for a proposal.
Jet Blue announced it will serve Palm Springs from JFK, beginning in January, 5 times per week.
This month, we have several home opening suggestions for your consideration. Please call our office for an estimate or to arrange for service.
- Roof Inspections. Premier Residential Services has arranged with Williams Roofing, to provide a special offer that includes inspection of a client’s entire roof for any visible signs of leaks, cracks, splits, broken tiles, and skylight damage. A written report with any repair recommendations will be provided to the client for review. Photos are available on request. The special cost of the inspection as outlined is $99.00.
- Drapery and Blind Cleaning. Our vendor’s “on site” service vehicle contains all of the necessary equipment to dry clean your drapes, valances, cornice boxes and all types of blinds including Hunter Douglas products. The cleaning system is safe for all types of fabrics including silks and blackout lined drapes. All drapes are taken down, cleaned and they are then professionally re-hung on the same day.
- Carpet & Upholstered Furniture Cleaning. Let us know if you would like to have either service scheduled or an estimate for cleaning prior to your arrival. The warm weather provides for faster and more thorough drying.
- Artificial Plant & Tree Cleaning. Premier Residential Services can arrange to have your artificial decorative plants and trees cleaned so that they are once again looking fresh and vibrant. You will notice the difference.
- Pool/Spa/Fountain Cleaning. Now is an ideal time to schedule cleaning (acid wash/ tile cleaning) service for your pool, spa or fountain to remove built up mineral/salt deposits prior to your return.
- BBQ Grill Deep Cleaning and Starter Maintenance. Many BBQ grills come with a battery operated ignition system to create the spark that ignites the burners. If you are having difficulty starting your grill, Premier Residential Services can replace the battery(s). We are now able to offer deep cleaning services for your grill/outdoor kitchen which includes hood, drip pan, control knobs, burners, igniters, thermometer and cooking racks so that they are fresh and clean. Call us for an estimate and service.
The various valley water districts with their July bills have begun to assess penalties for “excessive water use” as mandated by Governor Brown. Please be prepared for this new charge and as an advisory the water districts do not seem to be sympathetic to customer inquiries about the penalty charge.
One option in reducing water consumption is to convert turf grass to desertscape with desert tolerant plants. Another alternative could be artificial grass. If you have questions about either option, please contact our office.
Keep Gutters & Drains Clear
The temperatures and humidity have been high in July, and August is typically more humid as well. This weather pattern often causes late day thunderstorms that can bring a significant amount of rain that falls quickly. Therefore, we highly recommend that you have Premier Residential Services clean your roof, gutters, and downspouts to ensure that accumulated water drains properly.
As we do in each of our monthly letters, I am pleased to offer several timely service suggestions for your consideration.
Timely Services To Consider
Bedspread & Duvet Cover Cleaning. Now is an ideal time to have your bedspreads, duvet covers, mattress covers and blankets dry cleaned or laundered. Premier Residential Services will arrange for cleaning and insure that items are placed in plastic bags so that they will be ready for use when needed.
Aerator, Shower head, and Faucet Cleaning. The high mineral content of the valley’s water supply is the reason why sinks, faucets, shower heads and mister system nozzles become clogged which often impedes the water flow and the discoloring of the hardware. Our maintenance department can clean the screens, as well as remove the built up mineral deposits from these items resulting in the fixtures that look and act as new.
Vehicle and Golf Car Batteries. Extreme weather conditions in the valley often result in a limited life span for vehicle and golf cart batteries and can cause rapid build up of corrosion on the battery terminals and cables. Distributors have informed us that if a battery is 4-6 years old the likelihood is that it will begin to fail and/or not be able to hold a charge. Premier Residential Services can replace the 6 or 8 volt batteries for you, as well as clean the terminals of built up corrosion and replace connector cables if needed. Any golf cart that operates with a 12-volt system requires replacement from the distributor.
Contact the office if you feel that your golf car requires battery replacement and Premier Residential Services will have it ready for your return in the fall.
Summer temperatures have consistently been 110° and higher for the past few weeks and we have experienced humidity levels that typically occur in August.
The above average temperatures coupled with the humidity has your HVAC system working hard to maintain the interior temperature of your home. Premier Residential Service’s Home Watch inspection team is monitoring your HVAC systems as we conduct our weekly inspections. However, it is important that you arrange regular service for cleaning/replacing air filters, as well as insuring the condenser coils are free of debris.
Summer Hours in Effect
Premier Residential Services’ summer schedule is in effect. Our summer hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4 pm. Should you encounter an after-hours emergency, you may contact the Premier Residential Services’ staff member on duty, by calling 760-773-4081 and following the prompts on the after-hours telephone message.
Projects To Consider During Summer Months
Summer is always an ideal time to assess the condition of your home and to schedule projects that can be completed while you are away.
The following are several service suggestions for your consideration:
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning. Let us know if you would like to have either service scheduled or obtain a free estimate. The warm weather provides for faster and more thorough drying.
- Thermostat Battery Replacement. The thermostats in your residence have batteries that allow the controls to operate and require periodic replacement. If you would like to have fresh batteries installed, please contact the office.
- Sprinkler System & Landscape Light Checks. In light of the drought and mandated reduction of water, coupled with the fact that electricity costs continues to climb in the Coachella Valley, this is an ideal time for you to request that Premier Residential Services perform a sprinkler and landscape lighting check. The check will ensure that your irrigation system is working properly and that there are no broken irrigation heads. At the same time we can check the landscape lighting to make sure that the timers are properly set and that any photo cells and landscape lights are functioning properly.
- Appliance Water Filter Cartridge Replacement. Manufacturers of Insta-hot systems, refrigerators with water dispensers and ice makers, water filtration systems, freezers and ice making machines recommend that homeowners replace the water filter cartridges at least yearly. We can replace your water filters.
- Grout Repair. The grout in your tile floors, as well as in and around showers, tubs and sinks can develop cracks or have pieces become loose or fall out. Now is a good time to have repairs made or to re-grout the areas requiring work to allow the grouted surfaces to completely dry.
- Door Bell Button Replacement. We continually receive reports that there are a number of homes that have door bell buttons that are cracked or broken and in need of replacement. We can replace the buttons upon your request.
Please contact our office if you have any other special projects that we can assist you with.
Premier Residential Services moved into our new offices on May 29th. The new offices are located at 43-100 Cook Street (across from Palm Desert High School and the golf driving range) in the White Water Building, Suite 101, Palm Desert, CA 92211 (get directions). Come see us when you are in town! Telephone and fax numbers are unchanged.
If you do not already do so, please make sure that you direct all US Mail to our post office box (P.O. Box 13250, Palm Desert, CA 92250-3250). All FedEx, UPS and carrier deliveries should be sent to the new Cook Street physical address.
Premier Residential Service’s offices will be closed for the 4th of July holiday, on Friday, July 3rd. Our summer hours (7:30 am – 4:00 pm) began on Monday, June 1.
As a reminder, replacing weather stripping on both your garage and entry doors will cut down on the amount of dust and sand that blows in, impede the opportunity for insects and critters to gain entry to your home, and doing so will also save money on energy usage.
- Clothes Dryer Vent Cleaning – It is recommended to periodically clean out the built-up lint from the entire clothes dryer exhaust system (vent hoses, machine vent housing and the external exhaust cover). The Fire Marshall warns us that clothes dryers start more residential fires than any other appliance.
- Heating & Air Conditioning System Service – Now that temperatures have risen, if you have not had your HVAC unit(s) serviced, this is an optimal time of year to schedule service to insure that your units run efficiently during the peak cooling season. To maintain efficiency and reduce energy demands, we will clean/replace filters; check blower belts, temperatures, ducts and plenum connections; and clean condensate lines and condenser areas.
- Washing Machine Water Hose Replacement – Laundry equipment manufacturers recommend that hot and cold rubber water hoses, along with the gaskets on your washing machines, be replaced every 18 months due to the extreme desert heat and constant fluctuations in water pressure, which can cause water related damage to your home. We recommend replacing the rubber hoses with the metal braided style and installing a new set of easy-to-use hot and cold water line shut off valves as necessary.
- Summer Project(s) – Exterior door frames and window frames that are subject to the direct sun require upkeep painting or repair if there is evidence of dry rot. If there is another project or task that you would like to schedule over the summer months, contact us with the details and we will arrange to obtain a proposal or schedule the work.
Please call our office at 760-773-4081 for pricing, installation or further information regarding these suggestions, or to request assistance with any other home project that you would like to accomplish this summer.
Premier Residential Services will be moving to new offices on June 1.
The new offices are located at 43-100 Cook Street, Suite 101, Palm Desert, CA 92211. This new location is across from Palm Desert High School in the White Water Building.
If you do not already do so, please make sure that you direct all US Mail to our post office box (P.O. Box 13250, Palm Desert, CA 92250-3250). All FedEx, UPS and carrier deliveries should be sent to the new Cook Street physical address beginning May 26.
Premier Residential Service’s offices will be closed for the Memorial Day holiday, Monday, May 25th. Our summer hours (7:30 am – 4 pm) will begin on Monday, June 1.
For the month of May, we have a few service suggestions for your consideration.
- Garage and Exterior Doors and Entry Gate Painting and Care – Premier Residential Services can provide an estimate to repaint, stain or oil your garage door, exposed exterior doors and entry/side yard gates so that they are further protected from exposure to direct sunlight. In addition, we can lubricate the drive, tension springs and all moving parts of the garage door lift motor(s) to improve their operation.
- Outdoor Furniture Maintenance – Tables, chairs and lounges suffer under prolonged exposure to the desert elements. Wood furniture can be restored with a refreshing treatment of wood oil. Metal furniture can be restored as well, by having the frames either repainted or a fresh powder coating. In addition straps can be replaced and new cushions ordered during this process.
- Tile Floor and Grout Cleaning – The summer months are an excellent time to have your tile and stone floors (Travertine, marble, limestone, pavers, etc.) cleaned. Cleaning is recommended every two years to maintain the look and vibrancy of the floors in your home. Our vendors will strip and deep clean the floors and grout, seal and buff to a high gloss or matte finish, and fill holes and replace grout as requested. At the same time showers, vanities and counter tops can be inspected and an estimate will be prepared for your review.
Premier Residential Services moved into our new offices on May 29.
New Office Location & Summer Hours
The new offices are located at:
43-100 Cook Street, Suite 101
Palm Desert, CA 92211 (get directions)
(across from Palm Desert High School and the golf driving range in the White Water Building)
Come see us when you are in town. Telephone and fax numbers are unchanged.
If you do not already do so, please make sure that you direct all U.S. Mail to our post office box (P.O. Box 13250, Palm Desert, CA 92250-3250). All FedEx, UPS, and carrier deliveries should be sent to the new Cook Street physical address.
Premier Residential Service’s offices will be closed for the Fourth of July holiday, on Friday, July 3. Our summer hours (7:30 am – 4 pm), which began on Monday, June 1.
Summer Home Project Ideas To Consider
As a reminder, replacing weather stripping on both your garage and entry doors will cut down on the amount of dust and sand that blows in and impede the opportunity for insects and critters to gain entry to your home. It will also save on energy costs.
Clothes Dryer Vent Cleaning. It is recommended to periodically clean out the built up lint from the entire clothes dryer exhaust system (vent hoses, machine vent housing, and the external exhaust cover). The Fire Marshall warns us that clothes dryers start more residential fires than any other appliance.
Heating & Air Conditioning System Service. Now that temperatures have risen, if you have not had your HVAC unit(s) serviced, this is an optimal time of year to schedule service to insure that your units run efficiently during the peak cooling season. To maintain efficiency and reduce energy demands: we will clean/replace filters; check blower belts, temperatures, ducts and plenum connections; and clean condensate lines and condenser areas.
Washing Machine Water Hose Replacement. Laundry equipment manufacturers recommend that hot and cold rubber water hoses along with the gaskets on your washing machines be replaced every 18 months due to the extreme desert heat and constant fluctuations in water pressure, which can cause water related damage to your home. We recommend replacing the rubber hoses with the metal braided style and installing a new set of easy to use hot and cold water line shut off valves as necessary.
Summer Project(s). Exterior door frames and window frames that are subject to the direct sun require upkeep painting or repair if there is evidence of dry rot. If there is another project or task that you would like to schedule over the summer months, contact us with the details and we will arrange to obtain a proposal or schedule the work.
Please call our office for pricing, installation or further information regarding these suggestions or to request assistance with any other home project that you would like to accomplish this summer.
As the Western United States drought continues, water conservation continues to be a major issue that impacts the future of the Coachella Valley’s aquifer, as well as our wallets.
Prior to departing for the season, we urge you to review with your landscaper how you might conserve this limited resource during the summer. Please remember that all watering is required to be done after dark and before 10 am (easily scheduled on your watering system clock). Premier Residential Services can schedule periodic sprinkler checks while you are gone to ensure that there are no broken sprinkler heads. We can also make sure your landscape clock is properly set to activate your lights as required, and repair or replace malfunctioning outdoor lights.
If you have not done so, please let us know when you plan to depart the valley for the summer. You can now access and complete the Summer Home Closing Check List on our website. Please take a moment to review this form and then check off items that you would like Premier Residential Services to schedule to close your home for the summer. In addition, we need to be apprised of any changes that have been made (new alarm or alarm monitoring service; new water shut-off system; vehicle or golf cart changes) in regards to your home.
Premier Residential Services offers a Summer Home Watch Program that provides inspections to homes during the summer time period only. If you have neighbors, friends, or family members who have homes in the Coachella Valley who may not be aware that we can provide home watch services during their absence, please recommend us to them and ask that they contact us at 760-773-4081 for information about our services.
I am pleased to provide the following service suggestions for your consideration.
- Misting System Annual Service. Like most mechanical systems, to obtain peak performance, it is always wise to perform a yearly preventive maintenance service before the summer heat arrives. Service will include cleaning all nozzles; replace pump oil and filters; flush and drain the system of residual water; and thoroughly inspect the system. We can also arrange to provide a proposal for the installation of a new system.
- General Maintenance Services. The high mineral content of the desert’s water supply not only creates a cloudy look to the glass in your bathrooms, but also creates maintenance issues throughout your home. Faucets, shower heads, and aerators can become clogged and discolored that can restrict water flow and pressure. Premier Residential Services can remove the “hard water” stains from your glass, as well as, clean mineral deposits from fixtures and aerators to increase the water flow. In addition, it is a good time to drain and flush your hot water tank(s). Premier Residential Services can also lubricate door hinges to mitigate “squeaky” noise. Let us know if your toilet(s) could benefit from a new flapper or fill system to stop the constant sound of the tank filling with water.
- Summer Off Site Wine Storage. Premier Residential Services’ vendor partner, Wine Vault of the Desert, is offering a special wine storage program in their temperature controlled state of the art facility to our clients. If you are interested in this program, call us to make arrangements or for answers to any questions that you may have.
The unique climate of California’s Coachella Valley makes it a great place to own a home. The climate also means that homes in this area require some maintenance tasks that you may not be accustomed to or expect.
Here are 11 tips for keeping your new home safe, secure, and trouble-free for many years to come. These tips are based on years of experience of local professionals in the handyman, house cleaning, home management, and home watch industries.
- A/C Maintenance
The prolonged summer heat takes a high toll on air conditioners. Have your home’s HVAC system serviced every three to six months.
- Pest Control
Insects and rodents are a potential problem year-round. Arrange for monthly interior/exterior pest control services.
- Low Humidity
Indoor conditions of low humidity and high heat can cause wooden furniture, floors, and picture frames to crack. Place hydration containers (large open containers filled with water) throughout your home to help maintain humidity levels, especially during the summer months.
- Earthquake Damage
Minor earthquakes can cause the foundation of a home to shift, and since water pipes are usually built into the foundation, these pipes can crack. Arrange to have your home checked within 72 hours of an earthquake for signs of leaks or other damage.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
California law now requires that all homes install carbon monoxide alarms near each sleeping space and on each floor level. A variety of alarm models are available, including ones that plug in to electrical receptacles and include a battery backup.
- Hard Water
Hard water residue builds up in hot water tanks. Flush these tanks a minimum of twice a year to reduce this buildup and maintain proper functioning of your water heater.
- Storm Water Runoff
Negligent roof and drainage system maintenance can lead to potential water damage problems during the rainy season. Be sure to have these systems completely cleaned and inspected every autumn.
- Fire Hazard
Lint can build up in dryer vents and exhaust systems, leading to danger of fire. Have the lint buildup completely removed at least once a year.
- Vegetation Care
Overgrown fruit trees and vegetation can lead to insect and rodent problems. Keep vegetation trimmed and collect fallen fruits and debris.
- Sprinkler Heads and Mister System Nozzles
Hard water can also cause landscape sprinkler heads and exterior mister system nozzles to clog, which can lead both to loss of landscaping and to water damage. Check and clean sprinkler heads periodically.
- Vehicle Tires
The Desert’s severe summer heat can cause damage to vehicle and golf cart tires and batteries. Inspect tires, check tire pressure, and battery water levels regularly.
For further information on these suggestions and additional new homeowner cautions, contact Premier Residential Services at
The end of February brought us some much needed rain. While it is not nearly enough, the San Jacinto Mountains have been draped in a spectacular covering of snow that makes for a classic post card photo.
As we advance into March, the desert community and tennis fans will flock to the Coachella Valley to have an opportunity to see the competition in the BNP Paribis Tennis Tournament. In addition, Fashion Week El Paseo, Food + Wine Festival, Taste of La Quinta, and the newly-sponsored ANA LPGA golf tournament, are on our events radar.
Summer Home Closing
Please complete the Summer Home Closing form so that we may schedule any end of season departure projects that you would like us to do.
A Few Other Reminders
- Air Conditioning Service – If you have not arranged to have your HVAC units serviced, this is an optimal time to schedule the service to insure that your units run efficiently during the summer. We will replace/clean filters; check blower belts, ducts and plenum connections; and clean condensate lines and condenser areas.
- Daylight Savings Time Change – The change to daylight savings time this year is March 8th. Landscape lights and pool pump timers should be adjusted. This is also an opportune time to have our maintenance department replace smoke detector and carbon monoxide alarm batteries to assure proper operation. If you do not have a CO alarm (required by California law), Premier Residential Services can provide and install them. At the same time, we can replace burnt light bulbs and check outdoor photocells for proper operation.
- Screen Repair & Replacement – If your slider, door or window screens have excessive cuts and wear or seem to have rollers that are either broken, frozen or will not slide easily, the simple solution is to replace the screen material and rollers. Premier Residential Services can also order replacements for frames that are bent, warped or broken.
- Vehicle Detailing – We can arrange for a complete professional detailing of the exterior, interior and under the hood of your vehicles or golf carts including polishing, waxing and a spot free wash system either at your residence or off site.
- Window Washing & Patio Cleaning – If the recent rain storm has caused your windows to become dirty or covered in dust, Premier Residential Services can clean the windows as well as clean your patio and patio furniture so that you can enjoy the benefits of outdoor living.
- Wall Repairs & Painting – If the walls or wallpaper in your home have suffered water damage, dents, dings, gouges or cracks, Premier Residential Services can repair the dry wall and texture the finish so touch up painting will mask the damage incurred. We can arrange for a wallpaper repair/replacement cost estimate.
The lack of any meaningful rain means that the drought continues in Southern California. Please be mindful of the need to conserve water whenever possible.
During the winter season the Coachella Valley continues to offer many unique and interesting activities and events. The Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival (February 13-22), which takes place at the County Fairgrounds in Indio, is an example of an iconic Palm Springs event or you may choose to see some examples of the architecture that was spawned and flourished here in Palm Springs during Modernism Week (February 12 – 22).
I am pleased to offer a few service suggestions for your consideration:
- Laundry plumbing. Laundry equipment manufacturers recommend that hot and cold rubber water hoses, along with the gaskets on your washing machines, be replaced every 18 months due to the extreme desert heat and constant fluctuations in water pressure, which can cause water-related damage to your home. We recommend replacing the rubber hoses with the metal braided style and installing a new set of easy to use hot and cold water line shut-off valves as necessary.
- BBQ Grill Deep Cleaning & Starter Maintenance. Many BBQ grills come with a battery operated ignition system to create the spark that ignites the burners. If you are having difficulty starting your grill, Premier Residential Services can replace the battery(s). We are now able to offer deep-cleaning services for your grill/outdoor kitchen, which includes hood, drip pan, control knobs, burners, igniters, thermometer, and cooking racks so that they are fresh and clean. Call us for an estimate and service.
- Air Duct Cleaning. Periodic duct cleaning is recommended, especially if it has not been done in a while. Household and desert dust accumulates in your duct system, and once the high temperatures are upon us, this dust will circulate throughout your home when your air conditioner is running.
- Bathroom Safety. Installation of grab bars and/or safety rails on the walls of your bath tubs, showers, or other bathroom areas can pay dividends many times over by creating a safer home environment. The Premier Residential Services Maintenance Department is available to install these devices for your protection.
- Garage Door Lubrication. Periodic lubrication of the tracks and rollers helps the doors operate more efficiently and with less noise. At the same time we can lubricate your home’s door locks too.
Now that “season” has begun, in addition to many new dining venues, the Coachella Valley offers many activities, events and opportunities to try something new. This year is the final year of the Humana Challenge Golf Tournament and possibly the companion Clinton Foundation Healthcare Initiative.
In addition, several of the areas cities and clubs sponsor “Speakers Series” that bring a diverse offering of individuals who will discuss timely topics, books and national issues. There is always an entertaining calendar of McCallum Theater performances, the polo season and Desert Circuit Horse Show, Southwest Arts Festival and many other tempting activities. Our New Year’s suggestion is to try something new this year.
We are pleased to provide several service and maintenance suggestions.
Weather Strip Replacement
The recent bout of below average temperatures should remind you that heat loss through openings and cracks can be costly. Premier Residential Services can replace or install energy saving weather stripping, as well as caulk around doors and windows. In addition, the weather stripping on garage and golf cart doors can be replaced. These small steps can not only save on energy consumption but also cut down on the dust and sand that seems to always be present.
We live in an earthquake prone area. As a reminder, there are precautions that can be taken to mitigate damage should an event occur. Premier Residential Services can arrange or install cabinet safety latches and gas line shut-off valves; apply museum putty to secure display breakables and valuables pottery, decorative glass, vases, statues or figurines); create a Valuables Digital Image Record Inventory; and check water heater Earthquake Straps to insure proper installation.
Hot Water Tank Service
If you have not had your hot water tank(s) drained and flushed now is an opportune time to schedule service. Regular periodic service not only can extend the life of the tank(s), but also allow the unit to operate more efficiently saving money and energy. If your service cabinet platform is in need of repair or replacement we can also assist with that task.
Address & Landscape Light Repair/Cleaning
If your address lights, garage lights, or landscape lights have burnt out bulbs, require replacement photo cell sensors or if the landscape lenses are covered by a thick film from hard water deposits created by the sprinklers, we can clean or replace the lights for you. We can also perform landscape light and sprinkler system checks.
Please call our office to arrange for these and other related property services to make this New Year pleasant and enjoyable for you.