HVAC Systems Feel the Stress of 122° Heat
July 1, 2013
Record temperatures have been recorded throughout the Coachella Valley over the past 10 days, with the highest being recorded at 122 degrees. This temperature spike is earlier than usual and we are monitoring your HVAC systems as we conduct our weekly inspections. However, it is important that you arrange regular service cleaning/replacing air filters, as well as insuring the condenser coils are free of debris.
Premier Residential Services’ summer schedule is in effect. Our summer hours of operation are Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4 pm. Should you encounter an after-hours emergency, you may contact a staff member on duty, by following the prompts on the after-hours telephone message (760-773-4081).
Summer is always an ideal time to assess the condition of your home and to schedule projects that can be completed while you are away. Following are several service suggestions for your consideration:
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning – The warm weather provides for faster and more thorough drying. Let us know if you would like to have either service scheduled or to obtain a free estimate.
- Thermostat Battery Replacement – The thermostats in your residence have batteries that allow the controls to operate and they require periodic replacement. If you would like to have fresh batteries installed, please contact the office (760-773-4081).
- Sprinkler System & Landscape Light Checks – The cost of water and electricity continues to climb in the Coachella Valley. This is an ideal time for you to request that Premier Residential Services perform a sprinkler and landscape lighting check. The check will ensure that your irrigation system is working properly and that there are no broken irrigation heads. At the same time, we can check the landscape lighting to make sure that the timers are properly set and that any photo cells and landscape lights are functioning properly.
- Appliance Water Filter Cartridge Replacement – Manufacturers of Insta-hot systems, refrigerators with water dispensers and ice makers, water filtration systems, freezers and ice making machines recommend that homeowners replace the water filter cartridges at least yearly. Simply contact us and we can replace your water filters.
- Grout Repair – The grout in your tile floors, as well as in and around showers, tubs and sinks can develop cracks or have pieces become loose or even fall out. Now is a good time to have repairs made or to re-grout the areas requiring work to allow the grouted surfaces to completely dry.
- Door Bell Button Replacement – We have noticed that there are a number of homes that have door bell buttons that are cracked or broken and in need of replacement. We can replace the buttons upon your request.
Please contact our office if you have any other special projects that we can assist you with.