Winter Activities in the Coachella Valley
February 6, 2015
The lack of any meaningful rain means that the drought continues in Southern California. Please be mindful of the need to conserve water whenever possible.
During the winter season the Coachella Valley continues to offer many unique and interesting activities and events. The Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival (February 13-22), which takes place at the County Fairgrounds in Indio, is an example of an iconic Palm Springs event or you may choose to see some examples of the architecture that was spawned and flourished here in Palm Springs during Modernism Week (February 12 – 22).
I am pleased to offer a few service suggestions for your consideration:
- Laundry plumbing. Laundry equipment manufacturers recommend that hot and cold rubber water hoses, along with the gaskets on your washing machines, be replaced every 18 months due to the extreme desert heat and constant fluctuations in water pressure, which can cause water-related damage to your home. We recommend replacing the rubber hoses with the metal braided style and installing a new set of easy to use hot and cold water line shut-off valves as necessary.
- BBQ Grill Deep Cleaning & Starter Maintenance. Many BBQ grills come with a battery operated ignition system to create the spark that ignites the burners. If you are having difficulty starting your grill, Premier Residential Services can replace the battery(s). We are now able to offer deep-cleaning services for your grill/outdoor kitchen, which includes hood, drip pan, control knobs, burners, igniters, thermometer, and cooking racks so that they are fresh and clean. Call us for an estimate and service.
- Air Duct Cleaning. Periodic duct cleaning is recommended, especially if it has not been done in a while. Household and desert dust accumulates in your duct system, and once the high temperatures are upon us, this dust will circulate throughout your home when your air conditioner is running.
- Bathroom Safety. Installation of grab bars and/or safety rails on the walls of your bath tubs, showers, or other bathroom areas can pay dividends many times over by creating a safer home environment. The Premier Residential Services Maintenance Department is available to install these devices for your protection.
- Garage Door Lubrication. Periodic lubrication of the tracks and rollers helps the doors operate more efficiently and with less noise. At the same time we can lubricate your home’s door locks too.